Notice of Public Hearing
- Created: Wednesday, 07 March 2018 14:53
NOTICE OF FIRST PUBLIC HEARING
The City of Cambridge and the Guernsey County Commissioners will hold their first public hearing concerning the City and County filing applications for funding under the Small Cities Program for (CDBG), HOME, Ohio Housing Trust Fund (OHTF), ARC, EDA and related fund sources. These programs are administered by the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA), Office of Community Development (OCD) and other State and Federal Agencies. The Department has funds available for a variety of programs, some, or all of which, the City or County may decide to apply. Activities such as: rehabilitation and repairs to housing (owner occupied and rental), neighborhood facilities, homebuyer assistance, new construction of housing, water supply, drainage and sanitary sewer improvements, street paving, fire hydrants, replacement of curbs/gutters, demolition of unsafe housing, fire equipment, park equipment, downtown revitalization activities, economic development, and fair housing programs. The activities must be designated to primarily benefit low and moderate income persons, aid in the prevention of slum and blight, or meet an urgent need of the community.
Some of the possible programs for which the City and County may apply are:
- Community Housing Impact Preservation Program (CHIP) $750,000.00
- (City of Cambridge $300,000, Guernsey County $450,000)
- Community Development Allocation Program (Guernsey) approximately $250,000.00
- Neighborhood Revitalization Grant Program - $500,000
- Downtown Revitalization Grant Program - $300,000
- Critical Infrastructure Grant Program - $300,000
- Residential Public Infrastructure Grant - $600,000, onsite capped at $100,000
- Economic Development Loan Program - $500,000
- Economic Development Public Infrastructure Program - $500,000
- Discretionary Grants (CDBG and OHTF) - based on demonstrated need
- New Horizons Fair Housing Grant - $15,000 - consortium - $30,000
- Target of Opportunity Grants - based on demonstrated need
This Public Hearing will be for the purpose of providing general information about these programs and related matters. This hearing is the first of two hearings on applications to any of the above funding. The first hearing will be held at Theo's Restaurant (downstairs meeting room), 632 Wheeling Avenue, Cambridge, Ohio 43725, at 11:00 - 11:30 A.M., on Friday, March 16, 2018. Residents of the City of Cambridge and Guernsey County are invited to attend this hearing as well as city, county, village and township officials. This is an opportunity to provide input and comments on the above programs.
The Housing Advisory Committee (HAC) meeting will follow at 12:00 p.m. Notices will be sent to all members.
Cities, villages, and townships that intend to apply for funding must attend a Community Development Implementation Strategy meeting at 11:30 a.m. that will follow the public hearing to discuss their needs in regards to housing, public infrastructure, park and recreation, public facilities and services, and economic development. Any community or agency with an eligible project may file an application to include an official cost estimate for the project, with the Economic and Community Development Department, 1131 Steubenville Avenue, Cambridge, OH (740) 439-5491. All applications for assistance must be returned before April 16, 2018.
Citizens, public service agencies, local government officials from the city, county, villages, and townships are encouraged to attend this meeting. Fair housing information will be provided concerning the fair housing requirements associated with the above grant funding.
The Theo's Restaurant meeting room is handicapped accessible. For further information please contact the Economic and Community Development Office at 740-439-5491.