A competitive examination for Entry Level Police Officer will be conducted on June 21, 2023, at 5:30 p.m. at the City of Cambridge Administration Building Council Chambers, 814 Wheeling Avenue, Cambridge, Ohio.
- Must be 21 years of age by date of appointment.
- High School diploma, GED, or other proof of high school graduation.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
- Completion of a Classified Service Employment Application.
Additional credit for former Military Service requires copy of Honorable Discharge.
Appointment requirements include:
- Successful completion of Civil Service Examination.
- Successful completion of a physical agility exam, oral interview, background check, medical and psychological exam, pre-employment polygraph, and drug screening appropriate to Law Enforcement.
- Residency requirement is adjacent county to Guernsey County per contract. New hires will have 90 days to relocate to the contractual area.
Applications must be picked up at the Mayor’s Office located at 814 Wheeling Avenue, Cambridge, Ohio, during normal office hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Applications must be completed and received by 11:00 a.m., June 16, 2023, with proof of Ohio driver’s license (or the ability to obtain one), and if applicable, proof of Honorable Military Service. No exceptions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Civil Service Commission
814 Wheeling Avenue
Cambridge, Ohio 43725