The Victims Assistance Program is a support and advocay program for victims of violent crimes. It is the mission of the Victims Assistance Program to restore the balance of the Criminal Justice System by maintaining a recognized presence during pending violent misdeameanor cases, protecting the rights and fair treatment of crime victims and assisting citizens in overcoming the trauma of crime victimization.
Victims Assistance Program Services
- Court advocacy and escort during all stages of the Criminal Justice Process.
- Assistance in preparing and presenting victim impact statements and notification of Crime Victims Rights.
- Victim representation in certain court proceedings upon request of the victim.
- Notification and explanation of court dates and times.
- Information about the Criminal Justice process.
- Assistance in applying for financial compensation under the Ohio Crime Victim Compensation Program.
- Appropriate referrals to social service agencies.